SKY CAPSULES SALKANTAY HUMANTAY LAKE TREK 2 DAYS
Humantay Lake tour is a perfect activity for those people who want to see one of the nicest lakes in Peru, This lake is located on the way of the famous Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu.
DAY 01: CUSCO – HUMANTAY LAKE.
- Duration: Two days Difficulty of the walk: moderate
- Destination: Humantay lagoon and Salkantay pass
- Accommodation: Igloo: they are transparent glass camps like crystal balls.
- Hiking time: 5 hours.
Pick up from your hotel at 5:00 am.
- Travel by bus to Soraypampa (4 hours): on the tour you will observe ancient villages, small Inca citadels.
- Breakfast at Mollepata in a rustic restaurant.
- Then we will continue the trip until we reach the trekking point, where the mountain guide will join the group and make an offering to the Apus (Gods) with the famous kintu, which is the union of the three coca leaves and begin to make a small ritual as payment to the Pachamama, as formerly our Inca ancestors did, to obtain the permission of the Apus.
- After 3 hours of trekking we will arrive to Soraypampa, to our base camp, where you will enjoy a delicious lunch (12:00 pm), with a view to the Salkantay and Humantay glaciers.
- In the afternoon (1:00 p.m.) visit to the Humantay Lagoon: magical turquoise lagoon, located at the top of the snow, this tour will be 3 hours round trip.
- On arrival we will arrive to our base camp (5:00 pm), where we will wait for you with delicious appetizers, before dinner and then rest in our Igloos, where you will spend the night in transparent glass balls, which will allow you to observe the Milky Way from the comfort of your bed.
DAY 02: SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS.
You will wake up in Soraypampa, a unique, magical and mysterious place that hides several stories, stories and myths about the Salkantay mountain, covered in snow, fog, cold and humidity, that will offer you a different awakening
- This second day starts with an infusion of mate de Coca at 4:30 am and a delicious breakfast at 5:00 am.
- At 5:30 am, start our walk for 3 hours, during your tour you will observe this amazing glacier very closely and you will enter into a more intimate contact between you and the mountain when you reach the highest point of the entire path, the gigantic snowy Salkantay.
- At the top of the snow mountain guide will gather all the explorers and make a small payment to the pacha mama and invoke the Apus Salkantay and Humantay, to allow us to conquer the mountain and the turquoise waters of Humantay.
- After enjoying your day in the Salkantay Pass, we will start the return walk to Soraypampa, where our base camp is located, where a typical lunch awaits us in our comfortable facilities, our mountain huts (Igloos).
- At approximately 2:00 pm, we will start our return trip to the city of Cusco.
- Original Passport
- A valid student card if you book this trek as student (25 years old as máximum)
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance Number)
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (For the first and Second day)
- Trekking shirts and trekking pants
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flash Light
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Gloves (for the first and second day)
- Insect Repellent (30% DEET Recommended)
- Sleeping Bags
- Walking sticks
- Camera with extra batteries
- Extra money especially in soles to buy thing along the trek
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
***Make sure you insurance policy covers adventure trips and activities.